Our Comfortable Hotel Near Old Sacramento
Enjoy Shopping, Dining, Entertainment, & World-Renowned Museums – Just 2 Miles Away!
The Hawthorn Suites Hotel near Old Sacramento offers plenty of fun for our valued hotel guests. Just 2 miles away, you’ll discover “Old Sac”, a unique 28-acre National Historic Landmark District and
State Historic Park that’s located along the beautiful Sacramento River. Bustling with activity, this historic district is alive with shopping, dining, entertainment, historical attractions, and world-renowned museums – set within the time of the California Gold Rush and the Transcontinental Railroad.
There are MANY fun things to do in Old Sacramento. From riverboats to railroads excursions to horse-drawn carriages, Old Sac brings history to life! Hawthorn Suites guests can enjoy various Old Sacramento attractions steeped in history, including the California State Railroad Museum, the California State Military Museum, the Sacramento History Museum, the Wells Fargo History Museum, and the Old Sacramento Interpretive Center.
Other Sacramento attractions available for visitors include bike treks, historic trains from the former Central Pacific Railroad passenger station, and cruises on historic riverboats. The Sacramento Valley Rail Station is also just a short walk away.
Stay Near All The Action…
And when you’re looking for hotels near Old Sacramento, there’s no better place than Hawthorn Suites Sacramento. We’re just 2 miles from Old Sacramento and we offer complimentary shuttle service* for our hotel guests!
During your stay, just stop by our Front Desk and let us know when you’d like to be taken to Old Sacramento. It’s that easy!
- California Military Museum – Featuring 33,000 artifacts documenting two centuries of California’s military tradition
- California State Railroad Museum – North America’s finest and most-visited railroad museum
- Sacramento History Museum – The dramatic and diverse history of Sacramento unfolds in the museum’s galleries
- Old Sacramento Schoolhouse Museum – Explore California’s early days of education in a living replica of traditional one-room schoolhouse
- Wells Fargo History Museum – A historically furnished recreation of an old Wells Fargo Agent’s office
- Classic Coach – Carriage rides departing from 1002 2nd St. Available for private bookings too
- Ghost Tours – Presented by the Historic Old Sacramento Foundation in October
- Historic Walking Tours – Presented by the Historic Old Sacramento Foundation
- Hornblower Cruises & Events-River Cruises – Historic river tours, dinner cruises, and special events
- Practical Cycle – Bicycle rentals to explore Old Sacramento and surrounding areas
- Old Sacramento Underground Tours – Operated by the Historic Old Sacramento Foundation. Explore excavated foundations and enclosed pathways hidden since Sacramento raised its streets over a century ago
- Sacramento Southern Excursion Train – Operated by the California State Railroad Museum
- Top Hand Ranch – Departs from 1002 2nd Street
- Wolverton Carriage Co. – Departs from 1002 2nd Street
- The Sacramento Southern Railroad –The California State Railroad Museum is now offering excursion train rides to the general public, Saturdays and Sundays, April 5 – September 28, 2014. Tickets are available on the weekends on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 10:30 a.m. at the Sacramento Southern Railroad ticket office. .
- Carriage Rides – Carriage and wagon rides are offered throughout the year in Old Sac by private coach operators. Catch a ride on 2nd Street between J and K in front of the Wells Fargo Museum and Old Sacramento Visitors Center. Call ahead for special arrangements.
- Intense Clouds Hookah Lounge
- Laughs Unlimited
- Old Sacramento Psychics
- River City Shooting Gallery
- Tango By the River
- Eagle Theatre
- Living History Program – Presented by the Historic Old Sacramento Foundation. Actors bring to life Old Sacramento history while entertaining the public on the Streets.
- Suspects Dinner Theatre
Old Sacramento features many celebratory events all year long! Join us for our Mardi Gras Festival, St. Patrick’s Day Parade, the Sacramento Music Festival, and plenty more. Don’t miss Gold Rush Days over Labor Day weekend, which transforms Sacramento’s historic district into a scene from the 1850s. Costumed performers portray historical figures, personalities, and everyday folks, bringing history to life while musicians perform on multiple stages.
Browse through our Event Calendar to see the upcoming events in Old Sac.
*Shuttle service is based on availability and scheduled with the front desk.